At Keir Steele Waldon Lawyers people matter.
We are passionate about enriching the lives of our staff. We aim to provide an environment that allows each and every one of our people to achieve both their personal and professional goals. We believe that ‘balance’ is the essential ingredient in happy, productive and high performing teams and we think we’ve got it just right. We are a team with diverse experiences, perspectives and skills, with a common focus on delivering value for our clients.
Current opportunities to work at Keir Steele Waldon Lawyers are advertised below or to register your interest for future positions, please submit your details via the Contact Us link below.
We are currently seeking a Law Clerk to join our team in Townsville on a part-time casual basis commencing in February 2020.
You will get first-hand experience working on a variety of legal matters. Your involvement will extend to legal research, legal drafting and general support for our lawyers. We provide a supportive learning environment so that as time goes on, you can take on more advanced tasks.
The successful applicant will be a final-year law student, keen to gain first-hand industry experience, and who can demonstrate the following attributes:
- A high level of attention to detail;
- Is highly organised;
- Is hard working, proactive and shows initiative when approaching new tasks;
- Has strong telephone and written communication skills;
- Has a willingness to learn;
- Has strong academic results.
Applications are open from Monday 21 October 2019 to Sunday 16 November 2019 with successful applicants to be interviewed in late November.
If you think Keir Steele Waldon Lawyers might be the right fit for you, please send a covering letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Keir Steele Waldon Lawyers is a commercial law firm with offices in Townsville and Ingham. We provide strategic legal and commercial advice across areas including property, planning and development, agribusiness, commercial litigation and person legal services.
As an employer, we aim is to enrich the lives of our staff. Our values-based culture promotes enriching relationships, team work and accountability. We have a fantastic team of people with a genuine interest in the work they do and a desire to achieve positive results for our clients.
Our Townsville office is currently looking for a Legal Graduate to join the firm. We offer a comprehensive Graduate Development Program designed to provide you with the necessary competencies you need to become an admitted Solicitor. This includes both the technical knowledge and softer skills required to launch a successful legal career.
The key focus off our program is to provide you with practical and engaging on-the-job training, where you will experience:
- Direct access to Principals and senior lawyers who will provide supervised training and mentoring throughout;
- Work on a variety of matters which will challenge and push you outside your comfort zone;
- Working directly with clients so you can develop your interpersonal and client management skills;
- An inclusive and collegiate workplace committed to seeing staff reach their potential.
We are looking for exceptional self-starters who are ambitious, commercially savvy and ready to learn. We value well-rounded staff with a diversity of experiences.
The successful candidate will have:
- Completed a law degree with strong academic results;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely;
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team; and
- The ability to identify and understand key issues in a legal matter.
If you think Keir Steele Waldon Lawyers might be the right fit for you, please apply now to email@example.com addressing your application to the General Manager. Applications should include a covering letter, CV and complete academic transcript.
Applications close at 5:00pm on Friday 15th November 2019 with successful applicants to be interviewed late November.