At Keir Steele Waldon Lawyers people matter.
We are passionate about enriching the lives of our staff. We aim to provide an environment that allows each and every one of our people to achieve both their personal and professional goals. We believe that ‘balance’ is the essential ingredient in happy, productive and high performing teams and we think we’ve got it just right. We are a team with diverse experiences, perspectives and skills, with a common focus on delivering value for our clients.
Current opportunities to work at Keir Steele Waldon Lawyers are advertised below or to register your interest for future positions, please submit your details via the Contact Us link below.
We are currently seeking an experienced Commercial Lawyer to join our growing team. You will have at least 5 years experience across various areas of commercial law including property, business transactions, business structuring, estate planning, agricultural transactions and corporate advisory.
You will have the opportunity to build your client base and also work directly with our existing clients which range from individuals to SMEs to local and state Government.
To be successful in this role you must:
- have an exceptional attitude;
- have a demonstrated ability to develop strong client relationships;
- be willing to mentor junior staff;
- show initiative and a willingness to learn;
- work well in a team environment;
- have high standards in regards to quality, client service and professionalism; and
- be passionate about developing your career with us.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing firm that focuses on enriching client relationships and delivering pragmatic commercial advice.
If you think Keir Steele Waldon Lawyers will be the right fit for you, please send a covering letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience.
LEGAL SECRETARY – COMMERCIAL
We are currently seeking an experienced Legal Secretary to join our busy Commercial team on a full-time basis. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to develop their career in a well-supported, team environment.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a minimum 2 years experience providing secretarial support in the legal industry;
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail;
- Have intermediate to advanced MS Office skills and a typing speed of 55wpm +;
- Be proactive and exceptionally organised;
- Have experience working in a fast-paced, client focused environment
- Have a professional and friendly phone manner; and
- A positive approach to working in a team.
Duties and responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Preparing and amending legal documents;
- Organising meetings;
- Assisting with business development and client events;
- File, diary, travel and email management;
- Liaising with clients;
- Monthly invoicing.
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience.
If you think Keir Steele Waldon Lawyers might be the right fit for you, please send a covering letter and your resume to email@example.com
An exciting opportunity has come up to join our team for a full-time Conveyancing Paralegal. At Keir Steele Waldon Lawyers, we want to enrich the lives of the people we work with. Our values-based culture promotes enriching relationships, team work and accountability. We have a fantastic team of people with a genuine interest in the work they do and a desire to achieve positive results for our clients. We are a full service law firm with offices based in Townsville and Ingham.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all residential conveyancing matters in our Townsville office. They will manage files from first contact with the client, right through to settlement. Our ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Experience in residential conveyancing;
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing files from start to finish;
- The ability to work autonomously (with the support of senior lawyers for complex matters);
- Exceptional client service and communication skills;
- Experience developing referrer networks;
- Experience with PEXA and LawMaster will be favourable;
- Drivers licence, with some travel requirements to our Ingham office.
In return, we offer a supportive work environment, opportunities for learning and development and a competitive remuneration package.
If you feel like Keir Steele Waldon Lawyers will be the right fit for you, we look forward to receiving your covering letter and resume via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
At Keir Steele Waldon Lawyers, we want to enrich the lives of the people we work with. Our values-based culture promotes enriching relationships, teamwork and accountability. We have a fantastic team of people with a genuine interest in the work they do and a desire to achieve positive results for our clients.
Due to an internal transfer, we have an exciting opportunity for a driven Administration Officer to join our Ingham office on a full-time basis. You will provide proactive support to our lawyers and paralegals as well as assist our corporate services team with daily operational duties.
This is a varied role and some of your responsibilities will include:
- Providing administrative support to lawyers and paralegals;
- Physical and electronic filing;
- Control of all incoming and outgoing mail;
- Answering and managing incoming calls;
- Reception relief;
- General office duties.
To be successful in the role, you will need to have the following skills:
- Ability to demonstrate initiative
- Enthusiasm and willingness to work both in a team or autonomously;
- Excellent organisation skills;
- Excellent attention to detail skills.
A working knowledge of MS Word and Outlook, excellent presentation and a client service focus are essential.
If you would like to work for a supportive organisation that embraces a team culture, then get in touch with us by forwarding a covering letter and resume to email@example.com or call Denise Shand on 07 4776 1488.